Sunday, July 15, 2007

One Monkey done

Isn't it pretty? I can't believe how excited I am about a sock, for cryin' out loud. It took me a week to finish this first one. That's the shortest it's ever taken me to knit one sock. Must be the pattern.

I found this link to a knitter who used all knit stitches in her Monkey, and it looks amazing! Aren't they lovely and swirly and smooth? I'm going to borrow this idea for my next pair. Which I'll probably start as soon as this pair is done. I'm ill, I tell you.

A good time was had by all at the Wyandotte Street Art Fair this past week. The weather was just perfect. It was cool, breezy, and sunny. We saw two artists who really impressed us. One did Chinese-style paper cuts, and we bought this from her:
The other was exhibiting several really outstanding works of art, and this was his business card:Craig M. Linderman. Please check out his stuff -- it blew my mind. If you can find the one entitled "Face It" (it's under pen and ink), take a look at it. That was my favorite. I may have to order a print from his website.

Also had good, good friends visit from out of town. Monica and her family, including little Luke, who came to be deeply loved by Rose in a very short period of time.
Here they are bonding over Rose's Sesame Street toy. A very good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

That monkey sock looks great, and I can see why you like the 'all knit' monkey sock too! I love those chinese paper cuts, looks like you've been having fun!

Monica Beadles said...

Luke read this post with me. He really likes having made a friend. He loves friends. I was going to navigate away from your page, but he wasn't finished looking at Rose!