Monday, August 27, 2007

Finished in August

These are the all-knit Monkey socks I started before our NYC trip. I borrowed the idea from Rachel at Sticks and Thread, who had borrowed it from someone else. It had occured to me, as I was knitting my first (normal) pair, that the pattern would look great if all the purls were replaced with knits, but her post really convinced me to try it.

Yarn used: Knit Picks Gloss in Cocoa. This yarn feels amazing on the feet. I've worn and washed them a handful of times already, and I am noticing a bit of fuzziness starting to happen where the socks meet the shoes, but nothing awful.

I also decided to use some leftover Lamb's Pride to learn to make mittens.

Not too bad, if I do say so myself.I had originally used this yarn to knit Coronet from Knitty, which I loved to knit and love to wear. Now I have mittens to match. There's even enough left to make a scarf, but I'm not crazy about the idea of a plain stockinette scarf in this heavy worsted, and cables would make it even bulkier. Perhaps a simple lace, I mean as simple as K2tog, YO, etc. for one row and knit the next, and repeat the two rows. Just something to create a loose, drapey fabric.

It's good to be home, and I'm trying to get back on track with the blogging. Here's one vacation pic: the obligatory Rockefeller Plaza shot.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, I actually influenced someone? I feel so powerful! Your socks are lovely, isn't gloss the best?