Friday, June 29, 2007

Destruction and progress

Dear friends,

Here is our bathroom as of Monday morning.


This was 24 hours later.


Rose's bedroom is right next to this destruction. She has been taking her naps in our basement in a playpen, sorry, "playard," this whole week.


The first day was a little rough. It took us two hours to get her to sleep. It got better as the week went on, though, and today she dropped right off. Men are tromping all over the house above her head, dropping humongous pipes, sawing walls open, and she's curled up like this.

Bless her little heart.

Green Gables is almost done. I'm over on the other side of the basement in our little computer area, knitting away while she sleeps, and it looks like this:

I'll do three rows of ribbing after Rose is in bed tonight (her real bed, since the men and the saws will all have gone home), wash it, and put it on the blocking board. I can't wait to wear it. I tried it on one last time just before I took this picture, and it feels so good! This yarn is so soft and cool against the skin. I love it!I was bored of all the stockinette on the body, so a couple of nights ago, I skipped ahead to the sleeve ribbing and got both sleeves done in an hour or so. It doesn't pull in as much as I thought it would. I really like how this sweater is turning out. I just hope the rolling neck blocks out.

1 comment:

Monica Beadles said...

What a relief that bathroom is going to be!

Poor Rose. She'll adapt. Those babies always do.

p.s. email me at my gmail acct.
monicadotbeadlesatgmaildotcom