Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hands and Feet

Koigu!
Having finished a pair of fingerless mitts in as many days, I have now moved down to the lower extremities.


These are for my Nana. I know she'll be very surprised to receive these since I measured her foot last January (that would be 2006) with intentions to present her with a pair on Mothers' Day. Then my left wrist started acting up, and I thought if I wanted to keep my job (I need my hands to play the organ as much as I need them to knit), I'd better give up the knitting for a while. That was nearly as painful as the tendinitis.

So I'm sure she's either forgotten all about them, or assumed I've forgotten. I can't wait to see her reaction!

The Fetching mitts are still on my list, so I have to figure out if I want to buy more Cashmerino or if I want to try them in a different yarn. I'm worried about the stitch definition with such a soft, soft yarn. I have to admit, I was always one who pooh-poohed wrist-warmers and such. Now that I've tried them, though, I may be a convert.

Love,

Kim

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Looks like those socks will be finished in no time, yay Kim!!