Friday, February 23, 2007

One down, one to go...


Here is the finished Log Cabin blanket (thank you Mason-Dixon Knitting!). I find the colors absolutely delightful. I believe I likened it to knitting out of a box of crayons, and boy howdy! Casting off each strip and picking up stitches for each new one got a little tedious, but I just love the finished product.

Thank you for your kind words, Peg and Jo. You are both sweethearts. We are all missing Dermot very much. He was a good boy, and well loved.




I've been okay, though. I whipped up these little wristwarmers from Weekend Knitting in the past couple of days. Small! One color! Short row shaping! Fast!






My hand and arm with glove and coat sleeve. Note the poor exposed skin. Not so fun with the frigid weather and wind.








I'll just put on the lovely blue wristwarmer (the book calls them "Fingerless Mitts"). No exposed skin! Toasty warm wrists! A project that was not a square!




Now to finish the blanket for the other sweet baby who's coming (how are you feeling, Rachel?). Then, who knows? Socks, sundresses for toddlers, a possible attempt at fair isle knitting, the options are endless.


Love,


Kim

5 comments:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Beautiful log cabin - I loved making quilts with the pattern and the knitted blanket is just incredible!
I am pleased to say I do not need wristwarmers, but those are perfect!

Terri H. said...

Kim, your log cabin is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a Mason-Dixon Knitting junkie myself, but I've yet to tackle the log. Thanks for sharing.

Debby said...

Your log cabin is beautiful. Your choice of colors are great.

|chee-uh| said...

It's gorgeous. The colours really bring it to life and give it a lot of depth, even in 2-D.

Anonymous said...

I love it! It almost inspires me to knit my own but the prospect of all that garter stitch scares me. Congrats!