Thursday, April 5, 2007

Checking in

Dear friends,

I finished Cozy yesterday. It's currently reclining on our guest bed, all stretched out and drying. I have no pictures for today's post, but I've been feeling so bad about my infrequent posting lately that I thought I'd rather just check in without pics than let another day go by without saying anything.

I'm really happy with this wrap, and can't wait to wear it. Of course, Michigan weather being what it is, we're now having freezing temperatures after a week or two of lovely mild warm spring-like days. So it's back to the wool coat and mittens, and Cozy will have to wait until Mother Nature decides it's spring again.

I cast on a little sweater for Rose out of the Sari cotton yarn that Peg sent me. (Peg, I love that Cindy sweater, too!) I'm using this top-down Raglan recipe. It's going pretty well, so far.

Poor Yarn Harlot! I had attended her talk in Ann Arbor last August, and wanted to go to this one, but couldn't (Palm Sunday + church music director = no Harlot). She had such a rough time of it -- I felt so bad reading this post. Everything seemed to turn out okay, but can you imagine? I'd have been sick.

And the best news? Rachel had her baby, a little boy they named Nathan. He was born on March 29, and he weighed 9lbs. 9oz. We're going to go see him tomorrow!

Love,

Kim

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Will look forward to seeing pictures of cozy, and Nathan,please send best wishes to Rachel, Neo weighed in at 9lb9oz too! I might have to cast on a sweater for Neo as my vogue cardi is almost there and I will need a small project whilst out visiting next week!

Monica Beadles said...

Hi!
I check here all the time looking for updates. Blogging is an awesome way to keep up with everyone.