Monday, January 8, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

...by Jo at freestylefibre!

My assignment is to grab the nearest book, list title and author, then turn to page 123, go to the fifth sentence on the page, then list the next three sentences.,

Song of Susannah, by Stephen King

"Yes!" Mia cried, delirious with joy, and Susannah caught a sudden brilliant glimpse of something. It was like peeking beneath the hem of a circus tent at some bright wonder. Or a dark one.

Now I'm supposed to tag three friends. I pick my blogmate, Rachel, my friend Monica, and my sister Shannon. Let's see what you're reading right now!

Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, it's not the book I'm reading right now (not surprisingly it's a biography on Harper Lee), but this was the nearest one to me:

Frommer's Alaska 2006

Traveling upriver, tours usually stop at the Shakes Glacier and Shakes Lake, where there are 3,000-foot cliffs and some 50 waterfalls. Bring a swimsuit for a dip in the Forest Service-owned Chief Shakes Hot Springs, where there's an inoor and an ourdoor tub for public bathing. The temperature is adjustable up to 120 degrees F (49 degrees C).

Shannon (sister of Kim)

Joanna said...

Thanks for taking part Kim, I really like Stephen King but just couldn't get into The Dark Tower series, I don't know why!

KimK said...

Yes, they're really unlike any of his other works. I found the first one to be the hardest to get through -- he was a very young man when he wrote it. The later ones have more of the good storyteller's flow that characterize his more mainstream, later, more mature works. And it's one of those series that when you finally get into it, you're stuck until you find out what happens.